Episode 003 of Marketers Drinking Beer was filmed LIVE from The Limerick Pub.
On this episode of Marketers Drinking Beer, we discuss new conversational display ads from AdLingo, LinkedIn algorithm changes, the secret to WeWork’s rapid growth, some of the guys’ favorite new tools, and how Google is bait-and-switching content creators. All this and more on the latest Marketers Drinking Beer.
This episode’s hosts are:
- Paul Gannon, CEO of Thoughtcast Media Marketing
- Dave Martin, Director of Marketing at the American College of Radiology
- Patrick Dorsey, Executive Vice President of Marketing at Impexium
7:55 – Before getting to Wort on the street, we welcomed on Tom Stanton, co-owner of The Limerick Pub, where we’ve recorded our last four shows.
Tom explains how, after being in business over 7 years, they are renewing their focus on digital marketing, in particular social, to grow their customer base. Tom also shares a fun way he’s getting existing customers to spend time on their website, and explore all their offerings in the process.
19:25 – In this week’s Wort on the Street, the segment during which we discuss hot news from the marketing world, we cover:
- Adobe brings major updates to Creative Cloud 2019, as well as the release of Premiere Rush, and others
- Google launches Conversational Ads with AdLingo
- 8 Growth-Marketing Lessons From WeWork’s Rapid Rise
- “The Robin Hood of Algorithms”: Why LinkedIn’s New Feed Could Be a Game Changer for Marketers
- Why Nebraska’s “Honestly We’re Not For Everyone” Tourism Campaign Is Working
- 10 Strategies to Promote Positive Customer Reviews for Your Brand or Business
- [SURVEY] What Annoys Audiences the Most About Marketing Emails
- Now every marketer is an app developer — even if they don’t know it
- 27 Fun Corporate Team-Building Activities & Outing Ideas Everyone Will Enjoy
41:22 – In this episode’s Head to Head, the segment in which we deep dive into a single topic, the panel discusses a recent talk given by Rand Fishkin, at Brighton SEO Conference, about Google’s Trojan horse strategy that’s gotten content creators to provide Google with free content, while depriving them of clicks – particularly on mobile.
Here is that presentation:
52:20 – In the Tool Keg, where each host shares one of the favorite new marketing tools:
- Paul shares the Cadrage viewfinder app, that makes it easy for photographers and filmmakers to plan out shot.
- Dave tells us about Watson Finds, a WordPress plugin powered by IBM’s Watson AI engine, that analyzes your writing, and scores it on five points of emotion.
- Patrick is loving Canva, a quick and easy way to create all kinds of marketing graphics
You can learn how to attend the next live broadcast, both online and in-person, here:
On November 8th, we’ll be welcoming brewmaster of 7 Locks Brewing to The Limerick Pub – don’t miss it!
Don’t forget to follow us on Facebook for more ways to interact with the show.
You can now listen to the audio-only versions of the show on Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, Spotify, Google Podcasts, and your other favorite podcast clients.