Dave brings up the concept of the Marketing Flywheel (as opposed to the Marketing Funnel), begging the question, are we, as marketers, shooting ourselves in the foot by focusing solely on driving customers through the top of the marketing funnel?
Watch the full episode here: https://marketersdrinkingbeer.com/show/003/
– Very interesting. And I almost can see that the funnel comes down like this, becomes customers, and then it goes back. It’s like repeating funnels, in a sense.
– Very interesting.
– We were talking about this earlier and I read this article. What confused me was that the marketing and sales part still requires a funnel.
– I mean you’ve still got a conversion rate that’s taking place. That’s the whole reason for the metaphor of the funnel.
– So, it–
– But I think the concept is that it’s not a, you know, in, go through the process, and done. It’s a continual process. So, I think you’ve got the funnel still happening, maybe at the top, getting new customers, but then, once they’re there, you’ve gotta be focused on them. Maybe there’s a combination.
– It’s a combination.
– Okay, Tom, you’re up.
– So, I didn’t bring my goggles tonight.
– My virtual reality goggles, but
– Praise the lord.
– We did not have that–
– continuing on that theme.